Sunday, May 31, 2009

Changing Marans Varieties! It's Chicken Destiny!

Yes yes, sadly to admit, I am changing varieties of Marans! Sticking with marans though! So don't go just yet! lol! I'm selling my small flock of BC Marans, and with a new friend/marans partner of mine, we're going to be enjoying the fruits of breeding a recessive color called the Golden Salmon! Whats so exciting is they don't seem to have the same color issues that BC marans do throwing colors and such that you don't want which is why I felt uncomfortable working with the BCs because it's so hard to know what each hatch is going to bring. I will post pictures when the eggs come and ofcourse when the cuties hatch and hopefully keep this thing updated about them! Also we're talking of making a yahoo group to post our findings on this lovely variety! More info to come on this later hopefully!

On friday hubby and I are going to pick up my FIRST pair of call ducks! They are pet quality but I could care less I've wanted call ducks for like three years now! I had call duck eggs coming but the person never sent her part of the swap... I'm very disapointed about it but this isn't the first time I've felt scammed. I HOPE that it's not nothing bad that happened to the person in question I'd rather be scammed then them be hurt or something. I haven't seen them on BYC since like the 20th! So I am a little concerned... anywho... hopefully things get right in that area and I can enjoy call ducks from them as well in the future! *fingers crossed* If the ladies hubby is fine with it I may also be buying some SQ silkie roos from them as well! I hope he's willing to sell a few! I'd even be happy buying just one! :D Got white silkies in the brooder and am sending out payment for BBS silkies (sq) tomorrow! *happy dance* LOL!

I say goodbye to my BC marans more than likely this tuesday they will be going to a good home though with a breeder who is very serious about breeding these birds right and that's what I want for them! He almost got out of BCs too because of the same reason I am...but the love for this variety is strong so he decided to buy my small flock! I am GOING TO MISS THEM DEEPLY! But I am sure that these Golden Salmons will fill that void and getting to work aside another wonderful future breeder with this color we're both new to it but she's got access to some very knowledgable people and through her I should learn a good bit! I am SOO excited!

Well that is all for now! :D

No comments: